Sandy Tang’s Asparagus and Shiitake Mushroom Risotto
Credit: Lee Kum Kee UK
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 125 grams Fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 200 grams Arborio rice
- 60 grams Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce mixed with 400ml water
- 600ml Water (exact quantity depends on the absorption from rice)
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional; you can also use cashew meal as a vegan alternative)
- Parsley (optional)
- 1). Add oil into a pan over a medium heat. Add chopped shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are softened. Then add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute before adding sliced shiitake mushroom. Sauté mushroom for another 4 minutes until they are softened.
- 2). Add arborio rice and turn up the heat. Keep stirring until the rice is incorporated evenly with the other ingredients. Cook for another 6 minutes, until the rice is lightly toasted with a golden colour. Add asparagus and keep stirring.
- 3). Add diluted Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce. Stir well and wait for most of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more water –it will take about 20 mins to cook the rice. Putting the lid on will help speeding up this process.
- 4). Once the rice is cooked, add the Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce to taste. Stir well then remove from heat.
- 5). Serve, garnish with the grated Parmesan cheese and parsley and enjoy.