- 1.3 kg Beef Bones & Tendons
- 450 grams Beef Ribs
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 2 inches Ginger
- 3 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 whole Cloves
- 1 tsp Corriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 inch Rock Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Onion (Sliced wafer thin & soaked in cold water for 30 minutes)
- 1 Lime
- A bunch Thai Basil
- A bunch Beansprouts
- A bunch Coriander (Finelly Choppped)
- A bunch Thai Red Chilli (Finelly chopped)
- A bunch Spring Onion (Finelly chopped)
- 4 portions Beef sirloin or any cuts you like (Put in freezer for 15 minutes then sliced very thinly)
- 4 portions Banh Pho Noodles
- 1). Place beef bones, tendons & ribs into a pot of water, boil vigorously for 3 minutes to remove impurities, drain out and wash beef.
- 2). Return to a clean pot, add 2.8L of water, bring to a boil, lower heat & gently simmer. Remove impurities from the surface with a ladle.
- 3). Char large yellow onion & ginger root under the grill for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, remove skin.
- 4). Roast star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves & coriander seeds on a frying pan until fragrant, add to the stock along with fish sauce, rock sugar & salt. Simmer on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- 5). An hour before the stock is finished prepared the garnish and beef slices.
- 6). Put you banh pho noodles in warm water for 15-20 minutes, meanwhile use a fine strainer to drain your stock and return to the heat.
- 7). Flash boil your noodles in boiling water for 30 seconds (it's best to assemble bowl by bowl), flash your beansprouts in the same water for 30 seconds.
- 8). Put noodles in a bowl, add thinly sliced onion, beansprouts and beef slices. Pour over boiling hot stock as evenly as possible as this will cook the beef as it touches it. Add garnish to your taste & serve with your choice of sauce (we recommend chilli oil/hoisin sauce/sriracha).