Chinese Pork Dumplings
Credit : Allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chinese Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Garlic Sauce (Sriracha)
- 450 grams Ground Pork
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Chives (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 50 Dumpling Wrappers
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Water (more as needed)
- 1). Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon chives, sesame seeds, and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2). Mix pork, garlic, egg, 2 tablespoons chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Place a dumpling wrapper on a lightly floured work surface and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle. Wet the edge with a little water and crimp together forming small pleats to seal the dumpling. Repeat with remaining dumpling wrappers and filling.
- 3). Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 8 to 10 dumplings in the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Pour in 1 cup of water, cover and cook until the dumplings are tender and the pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Repeat for remaining dumplings. Serve with soy sauce mixture for dipping.