Sandy Tang's Korean Bulgogi Beef Bowl
Credit: Lee Kum Kee UK
- 2x227 grams Rib eye steak, sliced and marinated
- 500 grams Brown rice, cooked
- 2 Eggs, fried
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced
- 60 grams Carrots, shredded
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Marinade :
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean chillipaste)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil, divided into two
- 2 Red onions, sliced
- 15 grams Ginger, finely diced
- 1 Egg
- 1). Marinate the sliced rib eye steak overnight or at least 30 minutes using the marinade before cooking.
- 2). Add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a hot pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated sliced beef into the pan, and stir-fry for about 6 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked. Then remove it from the pan and place it in a bowl.
- 3). Using the same pan, add 2 Tbs pof vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onions and ginger, stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until onions are softened.
- 4). Finish off by adding the cooked beef and give it a quick stir until they are mixed evenly.
- To serve: Place the cooked brown rice in two separate bowls. Add cucumber and carrots on the side, then the cooked beef in the center, followed by a fried egg on top if you wish. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds.