Sandy Tang’s Lemon Shredded Chicken Noodle
Credit: Lee Kum Kee UK
- 2x250 grams Chicken legs, seasoned
- 3 tbsp Sichuan peppercorn oil
- 125g or 2 nests Wholewheat noodles, cooked (follow the instructions on the packet)
- 5 Dried chillies, crushed
- A handful Coriander, chopped
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Sauce Mix :
- 4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1). Season the chicken with salt overnight or 30 minutes before cooking.
- 2). Boil water in a sauce pan over a high heat. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt followed by the chicken legs, ensuring the water covers the chicken. Put the lid on and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes until they are cooked thoroughly. (Tip: you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Aim for 77-79°C, so it is completely off the bone).
- 3). Remove the chicken legs from the pot and pat them dry with kitchen towels. Set aside to cool before shredding with two forks or your fingers.
- 4). Add Sichuan peppercorn oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the crushed dry chillies along with the seeds and keep stirring for 3-5 minutes before removing from heat.
- 5). Combine the ingredients in the sauce mix and the fried chillies in a mixing bowl.
- 6). Add the shredded chicken into the mixing bowl and give it a good toss.
- 7). Cook the noodles as per pack instructions.
- 8). Place the noodles on a plate, followed by the shredded chicken. Garnish with coriander, sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
Products you will need
- Special Price £1.55 Regular Price £2.10