Lizzie Mabbott’s Pork and Chive Moneybags
Credit: Lee Kum Kee UK
- 190 grams Minced pork
- 50 grams Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 packet Filo pastry
- 1 packet Chives
- Marinade :
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 4 Shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and diced finely
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Spring onion, sliced finely
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 3cm Ginger, peeled and minced
- A large pinch White pepper
- A pinch Sugar
- Sauce Mix :
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sweet Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1). Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
- 2). Mix the minced pork with the marinade.
- 3). Cut a sheet of filo pastry into eight 10cm x 10cm squares. Brush four squares with the melted butter and lay the other four squares on top of each offset in a diamond shape.
- 4). Add 2 tsp of the pork mixture in the middle of the pastry. Gather the opposite edges together, until they are bunched. Tie with a chive and place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry and mixture, aiming for 16 moneybags.
- 5). Brush the outsides of the filo pastry with melted butter and bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- 6). Incorporate all the ingredients in the sauce mix and spoon into a dipping bowl to serve.