Pork & Prawn Dumplings
- 300 grams Minced Pork
- 300 grams Prawns (Deveined & roughly minced)
- 2 tbsp Chives
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Finely minced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (Finely minced)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Rice Wine
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pack Dumpling Wrapper (Defrost if using frozen one)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- For dipping Dumpling Sauce
- 1). Mix pork, prawns, chives, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, ginger, garlic & salt, combine well. Add shaoxing rice wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, mix well.
- 2). Wet the circumference of the dumpling wrapper, using a knife scoop some of the filling in the centre of the wrapper, flatten the top with the knife. Pinch one end, fold over one side of the wrapper and pinch as you go to create pleats. Repeat until you're out of filling.
- 3). Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add your dumplings and cook until they are golden brown at the base. Add 100 ml of water, cover with a lid & cook until all the water has evaporated.
- 4). Serve with dumpling sauce or any condiment of your choice.