- 640 grams Minced Pork
- 400 grams Prawn (Peeled, tails-off & diced)
- 120 grams Shiitake Mushrooms (Soak for 1 hour in hot water, throw away the stump & diced)
- 2 packs Wonton Pastry (Defrost first if using frozen ones)
- 16 grams Salt
- 40 grams Sugar
- 24 grams Potato Starch
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chicken Powder
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1). Mix the salt, prawns & potato starch. Then add sugar, minced pork, white pepper, chicken powder & mix well. Finally add mushrooms & sesame oil, mix thoroughly.
- 2). Cut the wonton pastry with rounded pastry cutter to get perfect circles, scoop around a tbsp size of the filling to the middle of the pastry. Gently push down & squeeze towards the centre, smoothing out the filling.
- 3). Add a little bit of orange tobiko (fish roe) on top if you like. If you don't have a steamer bring a pan of water to a boil, put an empty basket in first then put the basket with the siu mai on top. Allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- 4). Enjoy with chilli oil or any condiment of you choice.