Sandy Tang’s Shanghai Sweet & Sour Spare Ribs with Asian Coleslaw
Credit: Lee Kum Kee UK
- 700 grams Spare ribs, marinated
- Marinade :
- 3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine or sherry
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 15 grams Ginger
- A hand full Sesame seeds
- Asian coleslaw :
- Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Mayo
- Shredded cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1). Marinate the spare ribs by combining the Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce, Premium Light Soy Sauce, Premium Dark Soy Sauce, Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Shaoxing wine, garlic, ginger, honey, cornflour and sesame seeds with the spare ribs. Leave to marinate overnight.
- 2). Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan/ gas mark 6.
- 3). Place spare ribs onto the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- To serve: Coleslaw on the side and garnished with sesame seeds.