Vietnamese Fried Spring Rolls
- 250 grams Minced Pork
- 250 grams Prawns (Peeled & tails-off)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Mini Shallots (Finely minced)
- 1 Small Carrot (Thinly sliced)
- 1 pack Rice paper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 80 grams Glass Noodles
- Dipping Sauce :
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Chilli (Finelly chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1). Mix minced pork, prawns, egg, shallots, carrot, salt, sugar, white pepper & fish sauce.
- 2). Soak glass noodles in hot water for 10 minutes until soft, drain & cute the noodles thoroughly, add it to the previous mixture.
- 3). Mix all of the dipping sauce ingredients, leaving chilli & garlic last. Make sure the sugar has completely dissolved then add the chilli & garlic.
- 4). Dip the rice paper in to warm water to soften slightly (after this step they will become very sticky). Add a small amount of filling to the centre, wrap & roll as tight as you can. Leave the spring rolls uncovered & seperate from one another so the rice paper can dry up slightly.
- 5). Bring a pan of oil to 160C and deep fry for 4-5 minutes. It may be best to fry two at a time as they will stick together (alternatively you can let them dry out for longer in fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight to avoid them sticking together).
- 6). Serve with dipping sauce.